Okay, put down the diet coke for a minute and hear me out. We all know that we need to drink more water, but let’s talk about WHY and HOW we can make it more fun. Up to 60% of our bodies is made up of water. Water is critical to keep our bodies functioning as a building blocks for our cells. Think about a how important the foundation is to a house. You wouldn’t even think of purchasing a house with a cracked foundation! Water is that foundation to our body. It’s needed to regulate body temperature, transports nutrients throughout our bodies, flushes waste out, and keeps our brain cushioned – just to name a few benefits.
Make it a point this month to increase your water intake and I promise you will feel so much better! Adding some flavor with essential oils to your water can also help make it taste great and and it supports your body’s systems too! Here’s how:
- Put 1 drop of Vitality Essential Oil in your glass of water first thing in the morning. Vitality Essential Oils are Young Living oils that are approved for internal use. These are the bottles with the white labels. These oils are also great for cooking!
- One drop is generally all you need. Essential Oils are very strong. One drop of peppermint EO is like 25 cups of peppermint tea!
- Make sure you are using high quality oils. For example, lemon oil is a great choice when you want to help cleanse your body and promote detoxing. Citrus oils, like lemon, are cold pressed. If pesticides were used on the lemon tree, the pesticides roll right into the oil and into your system (even if you are only diffusing). Young Living’s Seed to Seal promise guarantees that the farms used to harvest oils do not use chemicals and are planted on untainted ground.
- Use GLASS, not plastic for citrus oils. Lemon is so great at removing chemicals and toxins that it will break down the plastic, so glass is a safer option.
- Drink UP! Below is a list of a few essential oils that are great options to put in your morning glass of water (or anytime during the day!)
- German Chamomile – stomach support
- Frankincense – immune support and mood support
- Ginger – digestive support
- Lavender – ease cravings
- Lemon – supports detoxification and cleansing
- Peppermint – great for easing nausea (not for use on kids under 5)
- Rosemary – digestive support
- Thyme – immune support